The full moon is a time when the moon gets to shine in all her glory. It is the time of month where she faces off with the sun and is able to light up the sky and stand firm in her power for all to see.
During this time, we are able to tie up loose ends and release anything and anyone who no longer serves our highest good. Life is all about cycles, endings that lead to new beginnings. The full moon is the time where we close doors and end chapters with love and gratitude so that we may manifest new energy and opportunities come the new moon phase. It is the time to make space.
Full Moon Activities
Some things to do during the full moon are:
Protect Your Home and Environment (check out the post "Protect Your Vibes: How To Cleanse and Protect Your Home")
Full Moon Ritual
1.Gather your favorite crystals, essential oil, paper or note pad, a pen, and a candle.
2. Go to a quiet area where you will not be disturbed.
3. Light your candle and start to burn your essential oils or incense. Set your crystals around your candle.
4. Write your intentions for the month focusing on all things you wish to release from your life. Remember the full moon is all about letting go of things that no longer serve you and making room for new things.
What things in your life have been holding you back that you need to release? This can be people, habits, a dead end job, etc. Keep these to a minimum of 2 intentions but no more than 10.
(When writing your intentions try to stay focused on the sign the moon is in for that month and what energy that sign relates to for optimal results). Begin each intention with "For my highest good and all those involved, I choose to release......"
5. After writing your intentions go down your list reading each intention aloud 3 times with power and conviction. After each one take at least 10 seconds, close your eyes and really FEEL how you will feel once you are released from this specific thing. This is a very important visualization technique that works wonders! Do this for each intention.
6. After reading each intention aloud 3 times with visualization, Thank God, your angels, and your spirit guides in advance for helping you release all that no longer serves you.
7. Now it is time to show gratitude. Make a list of 10 things you are grateful for. Start each one off by saying "I am so happy and so grateful for...."
8. Say Psalms 23 while looking into the candle flame. When done blow out your candle.
9. Take your list of intentions and release it according to the element the moon is currently in. For example:
Fire sign moon (Aries, Leo, Sagittarius)
-Burn your list after ritual
Earth sign moon (Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn)
-Bury your list in the ground after ritual. Also really utilize your crystals during the ritual. A crystal that resonates with the specific sign will be most beneficial.
Water Sign moon (Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces)
-Freeze list or emerge list in water after ritual. Leave until completely frozen. If emerging until words are completely smeared.
Air Sign moon (Gemini, Libra, Aquarius)
-Suspend list from high place for 72 hours. This may sound weird but is effective! I usually hang mine from the ceiling or from my ceiling fan. After 72 hours dispose however you see fit. OR.....
- Hold over incense smoke while saying Psalm 23.
Are you confused as to where to start and how to stay consistent on your spiritual journey?
Goddess Mindset Academy is an Online Mystery School intentionally created to transform the lives of women by empowering them, teaching them, and supporting them on their spiritual divine feminine journey.
Stay plugged in... Subscribe!